Chilly nights call for a soup that soothes your tatsebuds and soul. This cream of cannabis soup will warm you up in more ways than one.
- 1 tbsp canna oil or butter
- 1 tbsp regular butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large leeks
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 500g asparagus
- spring onions for garnish
- trim the roots and leaves off the leeks, leaving only the white part and about 2 inches of the green. Rinse the leeks with water and split them lengthwise and slice crosswise.
- Sauté the leeks in the canna butter and butter combo for about ten minutes on low heat or until soft.
- Stir in the potatoes, add salt and pepper, and the chicken broth. Bring the soup to a boil.
- While this cooks, chop-up the asparagus and add it to the boiling soup.
- Reduce the heat of the burner and simmer, uncovered, for about ten minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Move the soup to a food processor or a blender and blend until pureed.
- Pour the soup back into a clean saucepan and stir in the cream, mixing thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve warm.