“What greater gift than a cat’s love”, the great Charles Dickens once asked. There no denying that cats found their optimum medium and influence in literature and poetry. Almost all the great writers and poets of the world referred to cats in their writing.
This festive season we bring some cattitude to the holiday season with Christmas cookies cut in the shape of a cat’s head. Based on the 9 lives of a cat, the recipe below makes 9 Krismas Kat Koekies.
Krismas Kat KoekiesCourse: SnacksCuisine: cookiesDifficulty: Easy
Made from Xmas spice and all things nice, these Krismas Kat Koekies are for human consumption only!
233g Brown Sugar
15g Baking Soda
6g Ground Cinnamon
6g Ground Ginger
3g Ground Nutmeg
1/2 cup Cannabutter
1/3 cup real butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream 1/2 cup of cannabutter. Add brown sugar and beat. Beat in egg and molasses. In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and spices. Add to cannabutter mixture and blend well.
- Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick on floured surface. Cut into shapes. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- To Make Frosting:
- Cream 1/3 cup real butter. Gradually add 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Put in a pastry bag with small tip and decorate cookies.