Looking for a ridiculously unhealthy burger to satisfy your munchie needs? Look no further than this Double Donut Burger, layered to the max with bacon and cheese.
Produced by UK-based pub chain Hungry Horse, this monstrosity is described as “so wrong it’s right,” resulting in some backlash. Dubbed “a heart attack on a plate” by some critics, the Double Donut burger consists of two beef burgers topped with cheese, four bacon rashers and BBQ sauce. Once stacked, the meaty concoction gets sandwiched between two glazed donuts. Weight watchers look away! This monster meal will add 1,996 calories to your daily count, which is nearly 100% of an average person’s recommended intake.
Hungry Horse is not the only burger joint where stoners with munchies can get their fix. Some label it the doughnut burger, while others call it the Luther Burger.
According to legend, the burger is named after R&B singer Luther Vandross. It made its first debut in an episode of the adult animated sitcom The Boondocks. Ever since then, The Luther Burger has become a stoner staple at baseball games, state fairs and over-the-top restaurant menus.
Novelty bacon dishes have been feeding the internet with munch-worthy edibles very few stoners can resist. Bacon mania is at an all-time high, with products ranging from weed-infused pork racers to bacon shot glasses dipped in chocolate and filled with whisky.
Stoned citizens who enjoy cooking can test their culinary skills by recreating this monstrosity of a burger at home. High praise to those who nail it. Brownie points for those who have space left for dessert!
The Luther Double Donut BurgerCourse: Eat, Lunch, Dinner, BreakfastCuisine: burger, donut
No baconnoisseur will be able to resist this bad boy.
2 slices bacon
1 store-bought glazed donut
500 gram ground beef
2 slices of cheddar cheese
salt & pepper
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy
- Slice the donut in half and add the to halves to the greased up bacon pan. Toast until gorden brown and set aside
- Shape the beef patty into a ball and sprinkling the outside with salt and pepper.
- Add more grease to the pan and cook the beef ball for 3 to 5 minutes until brown
- Flip the meat ball and smash slowly so the patty stays together. Let it cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Flip the burger one more time, add the cheese, and then remove it from the heat.
- Cover it for 2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Add the bacon to the top of the cheese cheeseburger patty then place it into the toasted doughnut.
- Eat your heart out!!
Pingback: Baguette Pizza Is A Delicious And Easy Way To Tackle Midnight Munchies!
Pingback: Retro Snacks For Stoners Who Love Bacon - Stoned Citizen