Are you interested in cannabis but don’t want to inhale the burning androgens while smoking it? You know what they say; a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down! Here is our recipe for making easy DIY cannabis sugar at home!
Sugar cane is one of the world’s most valued crops. In 2018 we processed just shy of 2 billion tons of the tall tropical perennial grass globally. Cannabis, on the other hand, is easily one of the highest-earning cash crops. Despite the global pandemic in 2020 legal cannabis sales raked in a whopping $19.7 billion!
Sugar, aka White Gold, is a sweet-tasting soluble carbohydrate found in the sap of seed plants and the milk of mammals. It has had many uses over the years including being used as a spice, medicine and a sign of significant wealth. Sugar was historically reserved for the wealthiest families, often being plied into works of art and displayed at lavish celebrations.
Infusing sugar with cannabis is easy to do at home and even easier to use. Cannabis sugar is versatile it can be used in cocktails, warm beverages, baked goods or desserts. The recipe featured in this post uses a DIY Green Dragon Tincture. The tincture is a solution of alcohol and most of the cannabinoids, lipids and terpenes that was extracted from your bud.
DIY Cannabis Sugar Is Easy To Make And Extremely VersatileCuisine: Versatile IngredientDifficulty: Easy
750ml White sugar
250ml Green Dragon Tincture
- Stir the sugar and tincture to form a grainy paste.
- Spread the paste thin over the surface of a large oven dish.
- Stir the mixture every couple of hours to ensure all the wet sugar gets exposed to the surface area while the alcohol evaporates.
- When the sugar resembles dry sugar crystals, store it in an airtight jar.
- Use your cannabis sugar as desired!
- Consuming cannabis and alcohol together should always come with a warning of moderation. Go low and go slow.